1.8 Enchanting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twosies__, Feb 6, 2014.

1. legacy_Torquamada

legacy_Torquamada New Member

Knowing how the server admins have reacted to the changes in enchanting over time, they will stick with the outdated "needs of the few" to make their decision. LOA has catered to a few small crowd so far, and I would put money on them sticking to the same stupid ideal. If they did update to the new enchanting, the LOA Princess pride crew would flip their shit over "noobs in the prot 4" myth. Noobs dont get diamonds or get anything else really. At most you would need to look out for enchanted iron and leather gear wielding stone swords, dirt base building retards....Ohhhhh look out for those guys! LOA Princess pride brigade is just afraid of a more balanced playing field.

2. CTCodemonkey
    Drama Queen

CTCodemonkey Subscriber Subscriber Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    066eb27c-3a49-4331-b1df-815f23219ade
    Who is even against 1.8 enchanting at this point?

3. legacy_Kalodiin

legacy_Kalodiin New Member

The admins' original claim against the 30 level system was that it reduced the fun of working your way up to get the best gear. Well, that may be true if you consider copying a design off of youtube and sitting at it for five hours fun. Some things are more fun if they're more of a challenge, but enchanting is not one of those things. And like Torquamada said, "noobs in prot IV" is not possible (unless you consider everyone who isn't a donor/VIP a noob).

4. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

mattvision09 Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    be7905be-557a-45ec-ac88-2328905e258f
    Here's how I see it:

The admins are, and always have been, making changes to the enchanting system because they want to either balance out the game play, or to minimize the "Sitting at a grinder 24/7 all the time" aspect of the game.

The thing is, that back when end grinders were disabled, this made sense. But now that DroidFox has been destroyed by Lord Xenu, things are different.

People with end grinders can make a set of prot 4 easily with the current system. Everyone else is fucked.

With the 1.8 enchanting system, people with end grinders can make a set of prot 4 faster, yes. But it doesn't really make a difference, because the way it is now, and the way it would be if we upgraded to the 1.8 system you can ALWAYS make a set of prot 4 in an insignificant amount of time with an end grinder. With different enchanting systems, it can be more or less significant.

So if changing the enchanting system makes virtually no difference for people with end grinder access, but makes it easier for people who could use some help, what argument even exists?

Not upgrading to the new enchanting system would be entirely contrary to every reason the admins ever had for modifying the enchanting system in the past.

I have seen a lot of new people coming to the server, which is great, but it seems that regardless of this, they players online never exceeds 30 some people. The people we keep getting keep leaving immediately. One time around last year, we got a ton of new people coming on, the page was filled with pink welcome messages. Other than the TD addicts, none of them stayed.

If we want the new people we get to stay, and for the server to actually grow, the admins have to make a choice. If what I have observed from spending time on LOA is not a hallucinatory illusion, I can tell you, that choice the admins need to make, involves making the game more appealing for the new players.

I like to call them "Future donors".

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  5. legacy_Torquamada

And there is the root problem with LOA. Why does the Princess pride parade keep thinking that new people is a bad thing? What fucked up kind of idea is that? "FUCK NEW PEOPLE! Oh wait, arent they potential future donors?" YES DUMB FUCKS. When you see a "welcome (newmoron) to the server!" Message, that is a potential donor! Why the april fuck tits would you want to drive them away?!? If it was totally up to LOA's "elite Princess poopy pants crew" The server would be locked up tight, and the only ones playing would be them, jerking off furiously all over their prot4 and buckets of diamonds. FUCK the old enchanting system! Fuck it in its shitty fucking ass! I HATE the system LOA is using for enchanting with a fucking burning passion of rage and bile! To be honest, the shitty fucking fuck system currently being used is why I only play a few hours a week on LOA. The rest of the time I play fucking gay ass WOW, or do a single player vanilla map I fuck around on.

Please LAWD GOT ALLMIGHTY! Let the stupidity of the old enchanting system END, please hear the voice of reason, attract more players, new, newb, elite, midrange, WHATEVER, anything would be better than people logging in and going "oh, you use an old version of enchanting? Thats why this is TAKING SO FUCKING GODDAMNED LONG TO GET 50 FUCKING LEVELS." Then logging off of LOA forever, RATHER than going "OH cool, done enchanting crap for abit, time to EXPLORE, RAID and RAPE!!!"

RRRRRRAAAAAANT: OVER.

6. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    I said that in response to someone who asked:

"Why don't we just advertise on servers with so many people that they won't ban us."

He deleted the post so I did the same.... Just so like, you know the context......

7. CTCodemonkey
    Drama Queen

CTCodemonkey Subscriber Subscriber Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    066eb27c-3a49-4331-b1df-815f23219ade
    That's incorrect. They actually kept the 50 level enchants because 30 levels was "too easy", so really they are pro sitting at a grinder all the fucking time.

8. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    Oh, I thought they did it make it more balanced, because it was too easy for rich people.

If THAT'S the case, I guess they intended to piss off all the new people. LOA BELONGZ TO LE RICH DUR DUR DUR FUK NEWBEES.

9. legacy_Torquamada

Oh sorry man-_- Mmmm Humble pah tastes good

10. legacy_Kalodiin

On the topic of advertising, has anyone noticed that the banner Legion uses on server websites is just an advertisement for LOB?

11. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    LOB is a much more stable community, although it's non-profit. There is just the occasional person who donates for classes, but the LOB community tends to hate people who do that.

They think the people who really donate just for LOA, are soar losers who begged their parents for cash so they could win.

But yeah, LOA is slowly dying for a lot of reasons.

This is what Legion Servers has become:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  12. Twosies__
    Feminine

Twosies__ VIP VIP

Minecraft UUID:
    3f2285c2-e6ce-4009-a5fd-47d41f6b806e
    Trying to figure out why there's been no response on the 1.8 enchanting thread from you guys. Maybe you're still debating among yourselves? If so, please tell us that. Maybe you're delaying making any decision until 1.8 actually comes out? If so, please tell us that. Maybe you've made a decision and are taking the time to create a god-quality announcement? If so, please tell us that. Maybe you're ignoring the thread and player opinion because you're the admins, so fuck the prawn? If so, please tell us that.

In short, Admins, communicate to your server's players. ...It's good leadership.

13. Elgenzay
    Afraid

Elgenzay Administrator Staff Member Administrator Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    109271ec-0e18-4879-a165-7b6f2852b8d8
    lol they dont get paid

14. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Dragonflames1994 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    efaf91a6-ce0d-4fa8-8aec-4aa34088ba90
    They run the server as a hobby, not a job. They don't make money out of it. Instead of asking more we should be grateful that they keep the server up for us.

15. legacy_Kalodiin

But seriously, that banner is probably part of the reason that the majority of new players only play on LOB. If they see an advertisement for a mini game server, which sign do you think they'll follow?

Survival
    Anarchy
    <--------

or

Battles
    Tower Defense
    -------------->

(Was too lazy to go ingame and see the actual text on the signs, but you get the picture.)

16. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    Maybe Twosies' use of the word "job" was not the best choice of words, but you still all get what he means, right?

This whole discussion is not even about persuading them to use 1.8 enchanting anymore, everyone has made their point, we are way past that. What we have been waiting for, is for the admins to simply tell us if our 1.8 enchanting discussion at all influenced their decision, and if not, why?

We are not looking for anything more than some short, simple answers, and it's pretty rude that they blatantly ignore that.

In no way does that mean we think the admins should cater to our every whim, and have no free time whatsoever. But the thing is that they don't play LOA anymore. They can do whatever they want, (although I wish they could at least link LOF chat to the rest of LS) but they should at least talk to those who still do play LOA, and try to understand what they think is happening.

Imagine if people who weren't white listed started suggesting changes that should be made to the LOF server. Would that make any sense at all?

When X-ray machines were disabled, it was because the admins got raided in LOD because of one of them. Before then, they didn't think it was any sort of problem. They didn't care until it affected them.

The decisions they make in LOA don't really affect them anymore. They should at least acknowledge the opinions of those of whom are affected by their decisions.

Is that too much to ask?

17. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    I took a screenshot of this a while back, because it's too perfect. Maybe this would work as a banner to attract a more Anarchy-oriented audience. That's probably why people keep coming on to LOA and never showing up again....

[​IMG]

18. CommieSpectre
    Cheerful

CommieSpectre Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    a7d37cf8-cde0-4173-8752-c96a6c403852
    Is that the great wall near spawn?
    And btw I will turn that into my banner on Minecraft Forums

19. Elgenzay
    Afraid

Elgenzay Administrator Staff Member Administrator Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    109271ec-0e18-4879-a165-7b6f2852b8d8

calm down, maybe Cobi hasn't checked the forums in a while

20. Twosies__
    Feminine

Twosies__ VIP VIP

Minecraft UUID:
    3f2285c2-e6ce-4009-a5fd-47d41f6b806e
    Elgenzay, good call on my wording. I was trying to say that admins are generally supposed to be leaders, whether they are paid or volunteer, and that good communication is a well-known quality for a good leader (a good admin).

Also, I'm not sure if Cobi is supposed to be the only one checking the forum. Adminship, whether a hobby or not, is a responsibility. If you volunteer -- or even have to pay -- to ref a sports game, it doesn't give you license to be a bad ref. Relating to my original wording, it's pretty common to say "the ref isn't doing his job" even if he's not paid.