Changes to LOA spawn

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SnoFox, Mar 8, 2015.

1. SnoFox

SnoFox Administrator Staff Member Administrator Subscriber VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    9f662928-1078-4fcd-b728-4798db6edf94
    Last night, Cobi and I had renovated the LOA spawn to be more friendly towards PvP and newbs in general. Here are the changes we've made, in verbose.

1. We have completely disabled PvP inside of the red spawn line. There is no longer a timer that enables PvP.
    2. We have added a new, blue spawn line (referred to as a "protected zone"). This zone disables block explosion damage, so you cannot create giant creeper holes or set off a ball of TNT.
    3. We have slow block regeneration inside the protected zone, to allow for a clean PvP area.
    4. We have added a message when you completely exit spawn regeneration area. That is the farthest extent of our world modification. Once you see this message, our code is no longer helping you. You're on your own in the Anarchy wilderness!
    5. We have moved the main spawn back to its original position, at around 0, 300. You can still reach the -110,000 by -110,000 area via a portal at the main spawn.

We have more in store for you all, so stay tuned!

Please let me know your opinions on the new setup.

Edit: Fix derp language

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. jh10525
    Spaced

jh10525 Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    3fc0880d-3448-4c07-bf5c-edd61656fffc
    I like the improvements so far!
    But whenever someone new joins Legion of Anarchy (and it displays the message: "Welcome ____!"), the players (im not the only one who will) usually start to explain the general gist of LOA (i.g., don't build your base too close, you are free to kill, raid, team, backstab, and blow up whatever you want, etc.).
    What I am thinking is having an extremely brief "tutorial" for the new players who joined LOA. Maybe have these messages displayed in chat? Maybe have them spawn with a book in their inventory?Idk, as long as it gets the point across.

3. Palmiet
    Brooding

Palmiet Donor Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    879f52c5-fb49-4d1d-94a6-c9dd9763f4a5
    It's looking great! The protective zone is a really good idea because the second I used to exit the red line everything would be completely messed up and griefed like hell. The design is much better, and it looks much nicer/more attractive. It also seems less lonely, the building itself is less depressing and has more moving entities (e.g. water lava). It's much better overall, I think you guys did a great job!

4. smalltanuki
    Eggtastic

smalltanuki VIP VIP LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    6534dfd6-5c92-4033-83f0-13d03eb08996
    We griefed spawn because we wanted to murder the fuck of you
    lol