Class buffs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by King_Gooby, Jul 3, 2014.

1. King_Gooby
    Apple Fan

King_Gooby VIP VIP

Minecraft UUID:
    10da7c04-9bcb-4c93-94fb-50e1297ea880
    "Bringin the chain back up brothers." - quote from random dude

As we all know, LOB is real.
    And they have classes.
    But what if I told you,
    we can make them better!

Here are 3 lob classes we could possibly improvvvvvvv

*boooooo*

*gun shot*

*Silence*

Anyway, lets get started with one of the most infamous classes, voted by our players, the pyro.
    We can all agree the pyro is a piece of shit, for various reasons.

1. Very very weak armour
    2. Weak weapon (fire aspect dosent help :3)
    3. Can be laggy at times

Esay solutions:
    How about we make the Sharpened Volcano Fragment, uh, STRONGER??? Diamond axe instead. (diamond axe does same damage as iron sword)
    Spice this crap up and give our brother a sharpness II with that!
    *less damn fire weapons, flint and steel not needed.
    Give the guy (or girl) some extra treads and buff pls. Diamond boots dont do much, no mater how much progectile protection :3

Next, lets bring in the n-n-n-n- (not negro) Necro! (I didnt know how to spell it.)
    Very offensive, but has anyone noticed its defense?

1. Weak armor, even if hiding behind mobs, once killed, all the mobs are gone. Players will come for you other than your preceious mobs.
    2. Magma cubes are 30% reason on why they die
    3. As long as we got an MLG mob arena guy, the mobs are a piece of cake

Not saying that we should remove the mobs, its just that mabey they need a buff. Here are some things I would do=

Buff necros armor a liiiiitle more.
    Instead of taming all the wolfs, make them rabid as soon as they spawn, haha!
    wtf is wrong wit dem magma kubz?
    **Players using necro will have a chance of picking their own "super mob." Select from zombie and skeleton. Super mobs will just be a armored up mob with powerful weapon, and a "supernatural ability." (i dunno, suggestions?)

And last but not least, ze one and only, engineer.

Lets get right in to it.

1. Absolutley nothing like TF2 engi, like most of LOB classes is focused on.
    2. Very easy to get past turrets. (just go to the corner of them -_-)
    3. Lots of items, most not used.

When was the last time you've seen an engi use ALL of his equipment lol. We can slim down on all the stuff.

improvzzzzz:

Class demoman is basicly the drunk version of engineer. We dont need so many redstone stuff, or that much TNT in that fact.
    Instead of default turrets, possibly make them like the tower defense versions. Or at least something more efficent
    Make other things come out of dem turret holes >:D
    Who the fuck needs stacks of buttons
    Add more turrets, and slim on the ammo.

Moral of this is that we shouldent cluster the engis inven as it already is. Slim a bit

Anyway thats it. Sorry from cluster of info, but it would be great if these things did happen.
    All haters pls hashtag your hate in comments

2. brasil2908
    Zorro

brasil2908 Donor Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    4014a6bb-e773-4241-bcad-df76460ed245
    Just going to say, demoman is actually if anything needs a bit more tnt since it is his only real weapon. Demoman laughs at all explosive classes, so it is actually great, and it has fire resistance. I would say it needs at least a wood or stone sword though.

3. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

mattvision09 Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    be7905be-557a-45ec-ac88-2328905e258f
    Pyro should just be trashed. Every fucking team match, I spawn on fire.

Engineer is a stupid excuse for PVP that only TD fanatics use. Just imagine a battle where everyone used engineer. Everyone faggoting their way around the map with enderpearls and faggoting up walls of dispensers on all 4 sides of them, and then slowly shifting to the center of the walls, because when they stand in the corner the arrows are still able to shoot them through the corner.

Have you ever seen a God damned TNT trap ever work in LOB, or even ever? They are never even at least smart about it, nobody stands there when they step on a pressure plate, especially if they just heard a TNT fuse.

Maybe replace the dispensers with a floating skull block that shoots arrows, so they can't hide behind them and be basically invulnerable. So far it's a class idiots use to piss everyone off and turtle, not a class smart people use strategically in team battles, because they know the map well and have some kind of guerrilla plan worked out.

4. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Dragonflames1994 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    efaf91a6-ce0d-4fa8-8aec-4aa34088ba90
    The Pyro is fine, I think. It's not one of the best melee classes but it's meant to wear down your opponent with flames. Maybe it could use a diamond axe, but that's about it for buffs. Doesn't really need a buff considering it leaves fire footprints, immune to fire, has fire charges, etc.

Engineer....yeah, it's the most annoying class ever and takes zero skill to use...why's it even in a class buff section if it needs no buffs? I don't see any reason it absolutely has to be taken out and I don't see any reasonable changes that could be made to it. Maybe less armor or something.

I'm not sure Necro needs a buff. The whole point of the class is to hide behind mobs. It's supposed to be frail. Maybe a chain helmet, full chain at most as a buff? Again, I don't really see the need to change it.

Demo is good. It doesn't need any change really, it has enough TNT to kill a few players and not too much to spam it to death. Maybe another stack of TNT would be good (and change the darn layout on the hotbar) but that's it.

5. Elgenzay
    Afraid

Elgenzay Administrator Staff Member Administrator Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    109271ec-0e18-4879-a165-7b6f2852b8d8
    The pyro is a good class if you actually play it right, using hit-and-run like intended, which no one ever actually does. A solution to fix the problem where they light anyone and everyone on fire is to instead of making them permanently light everything they step on on fire, give them an ability that gives them a temporary speed buff, where in its duration the pyro will light the floor on fire like they do now. It would give them a slight buff, make them less annoying in team battles, and would be pretty cool.

The engineer is supposed to be a support class. Place turrets to keep enemies out, give arrows/fire charges to teammates to shoot/light opponents on fire respectively, and be able to defend themselves and still do a decent job at it if played properly. Again, as mentioned before, no one plays engi the way as intended and instead use it to camp all day rather than helping teammates out. Generally in FFA deathmatch games the engi is a piece of shit that either camps all game or gets wrecked by ranged classes, but that is a design flaw and no buff/nerf will fix it.

The necromancer is a worse version of the engineer that serves no other purpose than to camp all day and doesn't benefit any team. Why you would buff a class that is designed to camp is beyond me.

6. King_Gooby
    Apple Fan

King_Gooby VIP VIP

Minecraft UUID:
    10da7c04-9bcb-4c93-94fb-50e1297ea880
    I agree, an experienced player with pyro can mean ownage, but I think we lacked on offense and defense.

Basic buffs I would say, stronger weapon, and stronger armor. I think the pyro got kinda overdosed by making it leave a trail of fire, and cmon, you on fire. Thats pretty annoying.

And about necro, it was meant for the mobs to do the work, but once the necro is dead, all the mobs are too. Players will go after necro first priority and completely ignore their mobs. Just wanting a little more armor. (if thats the case lets give the necro a chair and some beer to chill while the mobs beat people up)

And the engineer is REALLY practical. Has rage turrets, a rage KB sword, and rage enderpearls. The ultimate trool class.

7. legacy_Kalodiin

legacy_Kalodiin New Member

Once 1.8 comes out we can take away all of his spawn eggs and just give him one for the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog.
    [​IMG]
    wow that picture is huge

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  8. jh10525
    Spaced

jh10525 Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    3fc0880d-3448-4c07-bf5c-edd61656fffc
    For the necromancer, I am fine overall. If some people are upset of its weaknesses, why not add extra lives? (not too many though). After all, the prefix "necro" does mean dead...

For the pyro, it is supposed to promote strategy. When used correctly, it can fairly combat any class. Like Elgenzay said, pyro is a good class if played right. In my opinion, just add a bit more armor.

For the demoman, I think there should be a name change. I never got the logic in "demo"

For the engineer, it's pretty much a noob class, being cheap especially in King of the Hill.

9. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Minecraft UUID:
    Demo = demolition. As in, someone who blows up stuff? Makes sense to me.

I don't think extra lives is a good idea for a "buff". Not that it really needs it if done right. It's vulnerable to spawn kills but it has a pretty formidable army. Only suggestion I would give is to give it more zombie and skele eggs.

10. jh10525
    Spaced

jh10525 Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    3fc0880d-3448-4c07-bf5c-edd61656fffc
    Oh, demolition! ok, i see now.

Just to be clear, i personally dont hav a big problem with necromancer. Having a bunch of spawn eggs is a great ability, meant to be used for offense. Most people use the mobs a meat shield for defense. Again, if some people are upset, I would say to just add a bit more armour.

11. legacy_Kalodiin

I don't get why it's called Necro, considering it can spawn things like wolves and magma cubes. If it has eggs for things that aren't undead (zombies and skeletons, maybe ghasts) it should just be called "Summoner."

12. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Minecraft UUID:
    Well, I guess the point is that spawn eggs are bringing things to life? I dunno.

Zookeeper, Mobmaster, Dr. Doolittle, there are lots of possible names for the class.

13. legacy_Kalodiin

I believe there was a similar class called Mobmaster in an old version of battlemanager, so that would work.

As for the bringing things to life argument, Necro means dead.