Goodbye LOA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by legacy_czarnuch, Jun 1, 2013.

1. legacy_czarnuch

legacy_czarnuch New Member

It was fun a while ago but things got bad. Admins don't really listen to any suggestions when it comes to bettering the server for people who actually want to play PvP and not play battles all day. SnoFox has never liked me and I have never liked SnoFox. The admins have their own sense of what's right and what's wrong. They lied to you guys for months about why the end grinders no longer worked while snofox sat in the end on an alt account and made it less fun for everyone and said it was ok because it was "a glitch in vanilla minecraft". They lied to the mods for months telling us that there wasn't another vanish mode that only they could use, when if fact they did. It just took them half a year to admit it. They only made fixes when it would help them for example: They knew about the TNT xray glitch for months and did absolutely nothing until it was done to them on LOD. They knew about enderman grinders since the beginning of the server but only recently decided it was OP. Crispy abused admin on numerous occasions to troll me and Grimz, even after he promised he wouldn't. Never really understood why Crispy and Cobi always agreed (or humored) with him because they seem like semi-logical people. Dragon flames becoming mod was the last straw that made me realize this server will never be as fun as it once was. I'm not going to be playing except to maybe give away all my diamond blocks to someone who never pissed me off.

Bye

2. crispy1989

crispy1989 Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    7dd57354-0eb3-4be0-a90a-be4ce43f95d7
    Just to respond:

1. We listen to every suggestion we get. In fact, we've spent large amounts of effort (eg, on the survey plugin) on getting suggestions. I personally spend about 14 hours a day implementing suggestions, and the other admins spend similar amounts of time. However, I simply don't have time to implement every suggestion. Many of them are sitting on my todo list, to be implemented in the future. I'll note that suggestions like a better spawn PVP area, regen, etc. have already been implemented.

2. The admins' "own sense of what's right and wrong" is an objective sense of what will make the server fun. We don't make money on the server, and we don't enjoy any sort of "power trip", so our only motivation is to make it fun.

3. What we said about end grinders is that the reason they weren't working was a vanilla reason, which was and is true. The admins were responsible for this, because we believe it makes the server more fun and more fair for the majority of players.

4. The "super-vanish" that we can use to hide ourselves from moderators is almost never used (and actually doesn't work anymore). It was used to ensure moderators are playing the game honestly (as we've had problems in the past). This is why they were not aware of it.

5. We fix things when we have time to fix them. Fixing game glitches like xray machines and end grinders have been on our todo lists since we were aware of them. If we have 40 hours a day to spend improving the server, they would have been fixed earlier. As it was, certain events reminded us that these were actually significant issues, and increased their priorities on our todo lists.

6. I find it amusing that your "final straw" was that a player you don't like got moderator status - this just seems incredibly petty to me. Dragonflames was granted moderator status due to his social behavior, particularly with new players. The staff team needs to spend more time working directly with players (rather than only the technical aspect of catching hacks), and Dragonflames was chosen as he is already very good in this regard.

3. JAMESTHEJRAGON
    Arthritic

JAMESTHEJRAGON Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    194d51fa-ae01-4f38-b18b-7b9c0dfa7a1a
    I think Dragonflames will make a great moderator. Sorry to hear that your leaving, although, I do still think Legion Servers is a fine place for me, I like the way it is going and will continue along with it.

4. SnoFox

SnoFox Administrator Staff Member Administrator Subscriber VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    9f662928-1078-4fcd-b728-4798db6edf94
    Okay, my turn.

We DO take your suggestions. Saying that we do not is completely insulting and invalid. Crispy spent two days writing plugins that allow us to better listen and implement your suggestions. And we have implemented several of your suggestions - Crispy has written regenerating spawn, creating a better area to PvP. I removed the regeneration from the beacon at both midspawn and newspawn, allowing you to kill people in Prot IV before it breaks.

I wouldn't say I don't like you - I have no direct issues with you. I even enjoyed working with you after you got raided by your old team. I do not understand why you two decided to kill my combat-log NPC. Not many people take getting killed well very well, so I don't know what you expected from that result. Since then, I simply left you guys to do your own thing. However recently, I do not appreciate how you deserted Legion Servers until Grimzzz called you back to complain and yell and overall be unproductive on the network.

As for DroidFox blocking Ender Grinders, that was my personal play-style as a user. Crispy nor Cobi have anything to do with that. Considering this is an anarchy server... You mad? I lied as a player. I can't see why you're mad about that. Officially, our stance is "what do the players want?"

What we hide from the mods, that's frankly none of your business. Initially, this vanish mode was disabled until we started having issues and accusations of moderators cheating. It was then enabled so we could run our checks and went unused otherwise. It is again disabled.

The TNT X-Ray glitch - we knew about it, yes. All of us heard about how it worked. We were not aware about exactly how overpowered it was until we were directly involved with someone using it. When we found out that it was a game-ruining device, we fixed it. Are you actually going to sit here and attack us for fixing issues in Minecraft Client?

Finally: seriously? You're quitting because someone you don't like is a moderator? Good riddance. These are the childish games that I do not wish to play with the moderation team. Good day to you, and see you later. I'm sure you'll be back when you get tired of factions servers and servers that run at 5TPS because the administrators don't spend several hours a day reverse engineering complete garbage code to improve your experience.

[sub]Edit: Fix punctuation and garbled sentence.[/sub]

5. CTCodemonkey
    Drama Queen

CTCodemonkey Subscriber Subscriber Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    066eb27c-3a49-4331-b1df-815f23219ade
  6. JacobiCarter
    Fine

JacobiCarter Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

I'm sorry that you feel it is necessary for you to leave. That being said, I've gone ahead and removed your staff privileges per your resignation.

I have never, to my knowledge, lied to you. There are some things I simply cannot tell you as an admin, like who is in the end, or is there anyone in the end; and even if someone else were in the end instead of DroidFox, I wouldn't have given out their name or even the fact that they were there. Just like if someone were to ask "Hey is anyone at these coords:", I wouldn't answer that, either. But I didn't tell you that no one was in the end, either.

As for the other vanish mode, that was something that we enabled, as others before this post have said, when there were claims of moderator cheating. We take all claims of cheating seriously and do check them out. It should not reflect on the trust we have in our moderator team -- we just have a policy, and a negative result is far better than not checking it out at all.

As for the admin abuse, yes, it happened; it has been rectified, there have been serious discussions surrounding it, and it will not be happening again. If this is the cause of you leaving, then we, the admin team, are deeply sorry that it happened.

That being said, there is a difference between admin abuse and trolling legitimately. The latter is allowed on LOA.

I'm sorry that we don't have as much time as we'd like to work on stuff for Legion Servers or that our attention is not prioritized in exactly the same way that you would like. I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week to pay for the server. I spend most of my spare money on the server. If I didn't care about the server's well-being, I would not spend hundreds of dollars (and sometimes thousands of dollars) per month on the server.

Furthermore, I'd like to say that the fact that you were a moderator is proof that at the very least SnoFox did not have an issue with you at some point. And from what he's told me, he doesn't have an issue with you now.

As for Dragonflames, he was made a moderator because he is helpful to new users, and therefore we believe he will be helpful for the server as a moderator.

7. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

mattvision09 Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    be7905be-557a-45ec-ac88-2328905e258f
    this reminds me of so many people who logged onto the server, and flooded "THIS SERVER SUCKS FAGS". you aren't fooling any of us, we all know this is a pathetic plea for attention. see ya on creative servers that don't let you do anything without admin status.

8. legacy_henrykeski

legacy_henrykeski New Member

So when is it that you are in admin mode or out of it like Crispy, sometimes when he wants to have fun he sometimes trolls, (With Admin Power) yeah he's cut back a lot but still. And I've seen you and all the admins flying around spawn, your playing with other players are you testing something official are you catching hackers is it a more efficient way of getting around (why shouldn't all players have this), or is it just an admin privilege that they get to fly around spawn who's to say you dont fly around while no ones looking at your base. Just saying im probably wrong but still im just saying admins are better even in player mode you can deny it all you want but they are.

For the suggestions parts yes you do a super job at listening to people with there suggestions. (but some more than others)
    "Someone who never pissed me off" Czarnuchh's quote something similar to this.

and you often bend the rules to go in your favor or you might call this fixing OP glitches. (deny the first part all you want but theres gonna be a second opinion)

Super Vanish I dont really care about because i dont even get vanish, lol but it matters to some people i think you should have told the other moderators about this even if you were observing them they wouldn't know you were there or even using it on them.

And Cobi I love how you said that Ive never lied to you there are simply some things i didn't tell you. I respect that but knowing things matters and to not tell stuff to your own hand picked staff, that you've know for years i can see thing that you want to be a surprise like battle classes or something big but the other things matter.

Snofox the matter of them deserting loa is irrelevant in my opinion, their back you were able to manage, they wanna play maybe they got board maybe they got jobs, went to college, became astronaut maybe they had slightly more important things to do (unlike me) its an assumption that can be very misguiding.

Dragonflames becoming a staff I dont really like that either, I think if hes not a full blow staff maybe you should give him a different title like semi-staff and limit his abilities. (MORE) Just to please the hippys if hes just for more in game with other players that follow the rules does he really need all the abilities, or similar abilities to a full blow staff? I think there are some at least 10 people, who dont like dragonflames as staff i know its a childish game, but it just seems like if he gets staff i should get it lol. Thats how it feels to me (if any information is incorrect here if he is for catching hackers and other stuff like staff the admins should have told me and other people too, right?)

A lot of things have an effect on other people like you guys like legion servers more because its the way you want it other people may agree its better to. But others liked it how it used to be yes every server has to progress and become better just how everybody wants it. I think czarnuchh should get more of a say in thing hes on mumble he was one of the first people to ever play legion of anarchy and its been improving great since then.

Well I could argue all day, my information could be off. But you the admins have to decide wether whats wrong and right but do this not the correct way or the just another day on the job way but for your players what they want (WITHIN REASON) and so my grammar might be off i may be young but some things need to change and some thing need Better views at the game in my opinion when things are good there good they dont necessarily have to be fair,but just right All im trying to say is, it shouldn't be wether we get on the admins good side that day or not even if we get them mad they should always be right or righteous if you can call it that.

I know there some very fine flaws, to work out in my post some that could be argued about all day but isnt that an admins duty to get useful information out of junk or greatness and make it wonderful. ;D

9. SnoFox

SnoFox Administrator Staff Member Administrator Subscriber VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    If you're going to argue a point, why are you finishing the point with "I am probably wrong?" I don't understand what you are trying to say. Administrators only use Creative Mode when overseeing new changes to the server, such as managing how spawn regeneration is working. Generally we vanish before switch into any sort of game mode. When we unvanish, we are put back in our old location with the same inventory and gamemode from right before we vanished. (I wrote this plugin; it does the same thing for moderators too.)

There are no rules for anyone to bend. Do not use a modified client and do not spam the chat -- etiquette that is expected to be followed on any game server.

If you don't care, then why bother forming an opinion to comment on? This is a completely irrelevant point. Nobody needs to know about all the features of Minecraft Server. In reality, anything the Minecraft Client is programmed to render can be taken control of. Hey, did you know that I can put your player data in an illegal state so you can no longer sign in? I can also drop blocks from the sky that land and turn into chests full of rotten flesh and explode when opened. But does anyone really need to know that?

"Super Vanish mode", by the way? The invisibility potion effect.

Moderators, like you, are players. If a moderator asked me, "Is someone in The End?" I will tell them "I don't know." Likewise, if a complete newbie asks me "Is someone in The End?" I will respond identically. There is no way to see who is in The End without administrative powers. Divulging this information is cheating. The moderator team is only granted the information and power they need to stop people from X-Raying. Whether or not someone is in The End (or anywhere else in the world) does not fall under their line of duty and must be found out just like any other player would need to.

Moderators are VIPs with the duty to be friendly, coherent, and helpful to new players. They have the ability to vanish (and can only fly while vanished) to inspect players, though while vanished, they cannot interact with the world, players, or their inventory. They have the obligation to mute people who spam or advertise or flood chat and jail people who X-ray or hack. Their chat is constantly flooded with notifications about possible cheaters and they are expected to check out those notifications. They also have access to a moderator forum and chat channel. And they have the restriction that they cannot use their privileges or any knowledge they gained by being a moderator (such as coords, either from notifications or teleporting to players vanished) while playing as a user. Abuse of their privileges is strictly not tolerated at all. They do not know or need to know anything outside of the defined scope.

It is entirely relevant. He quit playing Minecraft on Legion of Anarchy and only signed in to complain and refuses to help players. This is not useful to the server and is unbecoming for moderator. It doesn't matter if he has a job, school or even medical problems - he is finding time to come back to the server specifically to complain and then leave. Rumor has it, he's playing on some other server anyway.

Dragonflames1994 is extremely friendly towards players who ask questions. It has been trusted that he will not abuse his powers in a huff. He also has all the same abilities as JAMESTHEJRAGON and the rest of the moderator team (I have no idea what gave you the idea he has any less ability.) He is being trained to effectively utilize our cheat-detecting tools, just like the rest of our moderators. Fun fact: Most (if not all) of the moderators we've hired have NOT been moderators on other servers in the past, and are completely untrained. A few of the points I look for in moderators is coherency and friendliness in chat as well as a decent technical ability. (Unfortunately, all three of these qualities are nearly impossible to find on game servers.)

Being in Mumble doesn't give you more say, it simply makes your say louder. Once you get too loud, and you become annoying. Yes, we want to make the server fun for the players that play here. This makes the game fun for us. czarnuchh is only one player out of hundreds. He has just as much say as every one of you. In reality, yes, we make changes in our personal preferences of "what do I want" and "what is most important" because we are the one who has to take the brunt of days of coding, several more days of testing, and weeks of bugfixing. If we had more technical administrators and more time in the day, we'd have Legion Servers perfect after the year we've been working on it and we'd be spending time playing the game we've helped create. Unfortunately we don't, so we're still slowly working away at the todo list whilst working jobs, school, familiy, and other real-life things.

Hold on, hold on. You've had a huge step in self-realization here.
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. You spent roughly ten minutes spouting off whatever you feel like with absolutely no care to formatting and grammar. On the other hand, I just spent over an hour (edit: nearly two hours after revising) trying to interpret your statements and then form a proper response to each and every thing you said.

Take some advice: verify your facts before opening your mouth. Your facts must be right and your opinion must be strong. Once you've written down all your required information, take some time to write a proper paragraph. This is the Internet. I do not expect an academic essay. However, I do expect you to listen to the little squiggly red, green, and gray lines under your text as you type. Red means "spelling error." Green and gray mean "grammar error." When you're done writing, e-mail your post to someone else to re-read it for sanity.

No, sorry. Wrong again. The administrators own and operate things. In the case of Legion Servers, our duties involve architecting frameworks, writing out code, performing maintenance, overseeing systems to ensure proper behavior, and rectify any improper behavior. However, an inherent task to a game server requires a happy community. Personally, I don't like doing these tasks - quelling disputes, pacifying irate members, polling for "what is most wanted", and the list goes on.

We are magicians, but we cannot take a pile of trash and build something magnificent out of it. This is why we rewrote a majority of our plugins from scratch and even considered rewriting Minecraft Server from scratch. I also cannot shift through a hodge-podge of words and grasp a coherent argument out of it. But I can try my best.

10. honeycap
    Malnourished

honeycap Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    5bf70a8c-f02e-47be-8b3a-09e3c036ecf4
  11. toamini
    Unlucky

toamini Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    0a157d17-9f10-4304-9813-b59917b98438
    God damnit Grimzzz I was just about to do that when i scrolled all the way down :p

12. legacy_henrykeski

legacy_henrykeski New Member

I wrote a whole thing on this but, I decided it would just make you mad. ;D

PS. I also saved it. I just didn't wanna get you so worked up, you had to waste time and write a whole thing on my post.

13. legacy_czarnuch

FYI, being lag free isn't the only thing about a server that makes it good. In fact LOA is laggier than the current server I play on even though the other server has 400 people online. LOA has garbage PvP because everyone is spread out in a million blocks each direction. You ever wondered why 95% of LOA just plays on LOB? Because LOA has no raiding, no spawn PvP, no competition. It's garbage.

14. eastridge

eastridge Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    291de4ad-dc25-43ba-bb97-30c9b9076e6b
    the only time loa is ever interesting is when there is shady back stabbing going on, rarely is a base found and raided. I have found and raided only 1 i can remember and that was dragonfag via the xray machine so that doesn't even count. Playing on a new server made me realize that minecraft is more than just being vanilla and i like that a little more then the current loa. Who knows maybe that will change in the future, im not going to say anything about quitting because, like many other times, i come back to see if i am interested in playing again. I mostly come back to talk to people i enjoyed talking to, I.E. the mumble people, minus twosies (that guy follows us between channels and just listens.....creep)
    Also, i think legion servers players are too split up. I think i liked the old loa where you could join battles through that server. Just a thought :eek:
    also i am going to say, this is not a graded essay so you proper english fags can fuck off :)

15. crispy1989

crispy1989 Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    7dd57354-0eb3-4be0-a90a-be4ce43f95d7
    Do you understand the concept of tick rate, czarnuchh? It is, in essence, a measure of server lag. LOA has a consistent tick rate of 20.0. The maximum is 20.0. Can you maths out what this means? (LOA can't be laggier than anything) If you have a better internet connection to one server than another, that can affect latency, but says nothing about either server inherently. I'll also note that Minecraft played in a vanilla, spread-out, style is incapable of handling anywhere close to 400 people even on the best hardware. Only way to handle that is to make gameplay compromises, such as clustering people together into factions to minimize loaded chunks, cutting mob caps, etc.

It's about 50%, depending on the day. Again, might want to pick up those old mathematics textbooks ...

Speak for yourself ... this does not apply to most players. However it probably does apply to most players that you would consider "worthy opponents", simply because anyone who has played as long as you have was around when things like nether-top-walking still worked.

Again, there's not much raiding at the "god team" level, nor does this kind of PvP occur at spawn. But this very frequently occurs among players without as many resources. I understand if you're bored once you "beat the game", but that doesn't make the server "garbage". We created LOD specifically for people who wanted more active gameplay.

This is an opinion. Some people like the vanilla gameplay, others don't. I hold nothing against people who prefer different styles of gameplay, and for that reason, choose to play elsewhere. (I do, however, take issue with people who call a server "garbage" simply because it's not their preferred style.) One of LOA's major goals has always been to preserve vanilla gameplay.

It's still effectively the same. Before, you'd see a battle announcement, and you'd type "/bjoin b1" . Now you see a battle announcement, and you type "/server lob". Same concept, different command. If you really liked the old command that much better, we can add an alias.

16. honeycap
    Malnourished

honeycap Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    5bf70a8c-f02e-47be-8b3a-09e3c036ecf4
    The server czarnuch is taking about is a factions server with mcmmo and many other plugins.

Whenever I am PvPing on this server I either 1. Get killed by lag, or 2. See someone force fielding.

I enjoy LOA for its dedicated admin team and very very rare lag. So your argument that gontroller lags more than LOA is completely invalid from what I have seen playing on both servers.

17. SnoFox

Minecraft UUID:
    I've been trying to convince Crispy to add support for this, I need help. :[

Wait, you're playing on Gontroller? Lol, pay to win. Have fun. There's PvP, sure -- because with one easy payment of $300 you are granted a full set of god gear once a day for the rest of the servers existence. Player-enforced economy? Working for your weapons? Try elsewhere.

For competitive/PvP purposes, you beat Minecraft. Congratulations. That's not hard to do. That doesn't mean the server is garbage. In fact, we've taken steps away from the current version of vanilla Minecraft to make it difficult to get to "end game." This is why we left the enchanting system at 1.2.5. You have to work on a grinder, mine a bit, and stay alive to even have a chance of getting Prot IV, Sharpness, and Fortune. This is why I leave my alt account in The End, so you can't get get to level 50 in ten minutes. And no, building another Ethos Grinder while watching Youtube is not really "working" towards a grinder.

If you'd like, I'll happily delete your player data so you can start over again. You can start at spawn with all the other iron people.

18. legacy_czarnuch

Pay to win implies that you can't win without paying. Without donating $300 it is easy to obtain prot 4, and thats good because it makes it so there is more PvP. You and crispy said yourselves that the game shouldn't be about grinding for hours on end to get gear. If you want to have a good PvP server then make it easier to PvP. Maybe you could learn something from a server with 400 people on it.

19. CTCodemonkey
    Drama Queen

CTCodemonkey Subscriber Subscriber Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    066eb27c-3a49-4331-b1df-815f23219ade
    Yeah the admins can learn how to completely fuck up a server by giving a few autists prot 4 every day.

20. Bancey
    Fine

Bancey Donor Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    eaec90ad-dec9-4792-9f5f-7ba6071a8c58
    And Gontroller could learn even more from Loa.