LOA...what happened?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragonflames1994, May 5, 2016.

1. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Dragonflames1994 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    efaf91a6-ce0d-4fa8-8aec-4aa34088ba90
    So...is LOA dead? We haven't seen any updates in forever, we're still on 1.8, and everyone of relevance barely, if ever, shows up.

We need to either make LOA good again with active admins, frequent updates and maybe some advertising.

Oh, and if there's any way it's possible for an admin to send me the survival world so I can keep it as a memory on single player or something...that would be amazing. It will pain me when my wonderful, yet still unfinished, base goes down with the server.

Like, the loss of a child I never had or something.

Hell, it's probably the closest thing to a child I'll ever have.

2. SnoFox

SnoFox Administrator Staff Member Administrator Subscriber VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    9f662928-1078-4fcd-b728-4798db6edf94
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately we made a ton of changes to CraftBukkit when we had hundreds of simultaneous users. While a lot of that code isn't required for the few users we have now, the patches are still there. That burden has gotten worse and worse as times go on -- people got lives and code changes.

I personally don't have the time to invest in Minecraft anymore; however, I was working on the 1.9 update until I heard 1.9.3 was coming out. Now I need to find the time to update it to 1.9.4.

I honestly don't have any timeframe on when I'll even get time to put the code together -- I'm busy every weekend clear into the weekend of July 2nd, and I work all Monday through Friday; I don't really have the time or energy to code once I get home.

That leaves Teh Cobi, and Teh Long Lost Crispy.

Sorry. :[

3. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Dragonflames1994 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    efaf91a6-ce0d-4fa8-8aec-4aa34088ba90
    Understood, I know what it's like having limited time.

4. JacobiCarter
    Fine

JacobiCarter Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

When I get a chance, I'll work on it -- I've been super busy, but I think I have a free weekend this weekend. I've been crazy busy recently; first it was work leading up to the move, then the move, then arranging the new apartment, then catching up on work, then catching up with family, then business trip this last week. And 1.9 was released like a day or two before my move.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 10, 2016, Original Post Date: May 10, 2016 ---
    P.S. I don't plan on shutting LOA down anytime soon, and if it does happen, don't worry, the world will definitely be posted, but ... it'll take a huge amount of disk space to load it up in single player. More than 250GB.

5. brasil2908
    Zorro

brasil2908 Donor Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    4014a6bb-e773-4241-bcad-df76460ed245
    It's still sad though