"LOB noobs" solutions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mattvision09, Apr 2, 2014.

1. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

mattvision09 Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    be7905be-557a-45ec-ac88-2328905e258f
    There have been complaints of people people in LOB doing annoying things that have become worthy of making a hit list for. (See [sub]http://fora.loa.la/index.php?topic=1301.0[/sub]), like teaming, camping, spawn killing, type killing, "____ CLASS IS OP", and (even though there is no legitimate solution to this) the occasional "Stop killing me and let me win, being good at the game is op and unfair".

Back in the olden days of BM2, (battle manager 2, for those of you who are 7 and/or weren't around at the time) there was this wonderful little plugin called camper alert. It would point everyone's compasses to where the camper was, spawn a primed TNT above them, and display a message on everyone else's screen that told them to go fuck dat camper up.
    Nobody complained about camper alert (except campers), and many of us were sad to see it go, when LOB came around.

In modern day LOB, the discouragement of things like that no longer exists and is in fact, viewed as unbalanced and OP. Along with there being no camper alert, there is a number of new classes that easily encourage camping. To name a few, engineer, necromancer, and worst of all, DJ.

Teaming is just as much of an issue as camping, and was never discouraged. It takes on a different level of assholery, because even certain players who were feared in the days of old, would rely on teaming to be "the best" *cough*AA*cough*. There are also many famous minecrafters who will show themselves teaming on other servers, and it is an instinct for people who invite their friends to the server.

Type killing is not as much of a problem as the first two mentioned, but it is annoying. Same goes with spawn killing.

Non-Donors complaining about classes, is something that needs to be changed as well.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________

Solutions I have thought of:
    The solution to camping would at it's best, be to simply re-implement camper alert. Teaming, should have a similar alert system, checking for players who are near each other for long periods of time, but not attacking each other, or attacking the same people. Lightning strikes following them around as a penalty would be entertaining.

As for type killing, there is nothing major that should be done. Having 3 dots appear above a players head when they are typing will prevent players from doing it accidentally, but rarely stop people from taking advantage of it.

Spawn killing can be prevented by simpler things, like a 5 second immunity after spawning, or things like that. It will also prevent people from spawning in lava, on those types of maps.

Noobs complaining about donor classes being OP, is an easy solution. Cobi recently considered letting non-donors in LOA tpa with the cost of 16 diamonds. Maybe if a non-donor wins _____ battles, they can use a VIP class for 1 or 2 battles, or something of the sort.

Just an idea.

2. jh10525
    Spaced

jh10525 Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    3fc0880d-3448-4c07-bf5c-edd61656fffc
    The only problem i hav is the tpa for non-donors on LOA (im not a donor btw). I suggest raising the price of tpa-ing to at least 20 diamonds, if not, raise the price every teleport.

The reason why is that the rich donors who can teleport can just give diamonds to the non-donors.

Also, putting a gaming price tag on tpa-ing would decrease the flow of new donors.

3. Siceth

Siceth VIP VIP

Minecraft UUID:
    1e4cbacc-0fb5-445a-a99d-7c76f9d0b564
    If your solutions could literally get all of the players listed on there, I would pay you. But I don't have any money. Or ways of making it.

4. brasil2908
    Zorro

brasil2908 Donor Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    4014a6bb-e773-4241-bcad-df76460ed245
    Agree with everything except the 16 diamond cost of getting TPA. I think it would have to be a great deal more diamonds than that just because when you get TPA, the game becomes infinitely easier. And I really don't want to be laughed at by the current non-donors if they can get TPA for say 64 diamonds when I payed 20 dollars for that. Also, maybe the admins could bring back PRIZE BATTLES so people could win VIP or something. Or maybe not VIP, but a class that you had to buy regularly.

5. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Dragonflames1994 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    efaf91a6-ce0d-4fa8-8aec-4aa34088ba90
    I think he meant 16 diamonds PER TPA, which I think is a good idea but might lead to players begging for diamonds a lot.

I think maybe 32 diamonds per TPA is good. Expensive enough to make buying TPA worth it if you frequently need to tpa, but not too expensive that nobody will be able to afford it.

6. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    32 seems a little high. Most people who can't donate are kids. Kids, are usually too impatient to A: Walk to their own damn base, and B: Strip mine, and get enough diamonds to make a suit of armor. 16 would tend to their laziness in both of these.

Something I will never forget is one time I went to spawn, I gave a random noob 5 iron ingots, and a potato.
    He told me "wow ur rich"

7. Siceth

Siceth VIP VIP

Minecraft UUID:
    Pssh fax yeah of course you're rich, if I had 5 iron ingots and a potato, I would totally rule over all of LOA.

8. JacobiCarter
    Fine

JacobiCarter Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

To clarify: My suggestion was 16 diamonds each time you typed /tpa if you weren't donor or VIP. Regardless of whether or not the other person accepted, and regardless of whether it got canceled due to combat during the 10 second warmup.

To get an idea of how many diamonds this is for casual use, even for a superpower with 5 stacks of diamond blocks -- that's 2,880 diamonds:
    That's 180 /tpa's at 16 diamonds per /tpa.
    But superpowers are typically not just one person. They are usually a group of people. Let's assume the group of people is 4 people. So, that's 45 /tpa's for each team member.
    That may still sound like a lot, but let's assume that they each do 5 /tpa's every day. This is a reasonable number, if not low.
    At 5 /tpa's per day for 4 people at 16 diamonds per /tpa, you run out diamonds after 9 days. 16 diamonds per /tpa attempt is expensive.

9. brasil2908
    Zorro

Minecraft UUID:
    That makes much more sense.

10. CommieSpectre
    Cheerful

CommieSpectre Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    a7d37cf8-cde0-4173-8752-c96a6c403852
    I just realized that mattvision has more posts then Cobi and Dragonflames 0.0

11. tidag
    Batty

tidag Donor Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    a1c0c078-b62b-4d35-ab16-306438652913
    Isn't teleporting to someone without them accepting overpowered if you AFK in your base, farm, or something. Especially if your in a clan. To will be able to buy A LOT of teleports without the other person accepting, and wouldn't be fair to the people who know how to play, and know what Anarchy is.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    You spend diamonds to SEND THE REQUEST. If they don't accept it, you still lose them.
    That's what he meant.

13. Elgenzay
    Afraid

Elgenzay Administrator Staff Member Administrator Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    109271ec-0e18-4879-a165-7b6f2852b8d8
    Getting back on topic, I have been wanting something like you mentioned on your last point regarding rewards for winning battles. a rank, currency, or anything of the sort would give a nice feeling of progression to LOB, and you could also use it as a cost to queue battles, change class mid-game without having to lose a life, or anything else you can think of.

I also agree that the whole "camping" strategy is the most boring shit in the world when a battle comes to a stalemate because one player is 200 blocks in the air and the other is too dignified to leave the battle. The easy way to fix this is to give demons a buff, allowing them to regenerate fireballs over time (but for the love of fuck, have a cooldown time on it). The demon is the only free class with a ranged AOE, so this buff would allow non-donors to wreck camper forts. Should someone be on their last life and want to change to a demon to take down a camper, they would pay for it using the currency mentioned above. Case in point.
    The only thing it wouldn't fix is campers in standard battles, but as long as there is no ranged/defensive/camping class, campers aren't much a problem. The old BM2 system would fix this.

Another advantage of this fix is that it would increase the demon's survivability, allowing them to last more than their measly 10 fireballs currently allow. While you're at it, give them unique fireballs so that normal fire charges cant be fired by them.

If by camping you meant turtling, as in staying away from combat to be one of the last 2 remaining players, then the compass is enough of a fix for me. I've never found a player bad enough to turtle the entire game, but good enough to take me down when we're the last remaining players. Again, this could also be fixed with the old BM2 system.

What I don't agree with is your point about spawn killing. If you're able to push a group back into their spawn and they aren't able to kill you after multiple respawns, then they deserve the loss for losing fair game multiple times in a row (or not switching to brawler) and you deserve the win for pushing them back to their spawn. Spawn capture is especially useful in team deathmatch battles, where the battle ends when one team pushes each player of the opposing team back into their spawn and finishes their remaining lives. This is a strategy, and is used in a lot of games today.

For what its worth, "unfair" deathmatch spawn camping (among individuals rather than teams) could be fixed if some maps didn't have a hundred thousand team colors. This results in each player being assigned to each team evenly, essentially just creating a regular deathmatch but with each player having a unique spawn and colored names. May as well be a deathmatch. The only difference here is spawn camping can occur, whereas in normal deathmatch games, spawn locations are chosen at random. The problem lies in the arena in these scenarios, because why the hell would anyone have more than 2 teams on their arena.

I'm not even going to address "type killing". That's like asking for a bug fix when you get killed because you were scratching your ass. Just don't chat in the middle of a battle.

sorry for the big ass post

14. brasil2908
    Zorro

Minecraft UUID:
    The point of demon is that they will most likely not win, but they will make everybody frustrated because they spam their fireballs. BUT A COOLDOWN ON IT!. It's almost like soldier with no cooldown and worse armor.

15. tidag
    Batty

tidag Donor Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    a1c0c078-b62b-4d35-ab16-306438652913
    Well, if no cool down plus bad armor, kinda does equal to soldier. Soldier can last longer than demon, (and kill them) but is also quite powerful. It is pretty equal.

16. jh10525
    Spaced

jh10525 Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    3fc0880d-3448-4c07-bf5c-edd61656fffc
    A type of LoB currency would also encourage players to head to LoB due to the fact that sometimes, especially on weekday nights, the lobby gets very quiet.

17. Siceth

Siceth VIP VIP

Minecraft UUID:
    *Thumbs up*

I'd also think it'd be cool to collect statistics including things like: kills, deaths/suicides, battles played, battles won/lost, time on LOB, killed most, killed most by, most used class, etc. There could also be objectives or goals to work for, e.g: Reach 100 kills, stay alive for 10 minutes, something along those lines.