Seriously, what's going on at this point?

Discussion in 'LOA Discussion' started by mattvision09, Apr 27, 2015.

Do you think the admins are neglecting the server when it needs their attention the most?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. I left months ago, so I don't have context to compare it to.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tidag
    Batty

tidag Donor Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    a1c0c078-b62b-4d35-ab16-306438652913
    theres channels for that though

2. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

mattvision09 Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    be7905be-557a-45ec-ac88-2328905e258f
    So from what I've seen recently in this thread, we all seem to have chat reform on our minds.

I think chat should include join/leave messages for the main channel like it used to, as well as have brighter and more attention grabbing [TIP] messages, but also an option to turn those both off. This way they won't be an annoyance, but they will make the chat seem less empty and make new players more aware of LS's features.

Basically, something along the lines of a /chatsettings command.

3. _AEon
    Balanced

_AEon Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    b77de6e5-7305-4738-9511-dc91b326db31
    Matt... matt... matt...

You left your embassy. Shame on you!

For the [TIP] messages: Generate a TIP to turn them off once you have seen every message at least twice while not being AFK.

When will LOA and LO? portal/nexus entrance/whatever be swapped? Could re-activate the LOV portal anyways, since we're on 1.8 now.

Or are there any issues?

Edit:

mattvision09, revisioned your enhanced old new build nexus (this one with the lounge) like it so far but it is a bit too big (for it's plainness) and the floor causes headache for me.

Finally found the cave-nexus.

Edit2:

Really like the entrance but people do not tend to read the rules if they have to enter commands for it; place a board for that instead.

Still a bit too big (LOA portal a bit far away) but it's better from the design than the previous one.

Could make some easter eggs with the river (in fact placing the Nexus above ground and some kind of "paradise" beneath it (but would cause lighting issues) or a secret valley)

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  4. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    Left the embassy because the portal is broken. When it's back up I'll AFK there again.

Swapping the portals isn't going to fix the real problem, though it will help. Nexus needs a redesign, at least a heavily modified version of the tree. It's important that all the portals are visible in one room, and LOA is clearly the main one.

5. _AEon
    Balanced

_AEon Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    b77de6e5-7305-4738-9511-dc91b326db31
    Idea for Nexus easter egg: exit through the river which becomes a small waterfall and fall into a big lake (Nexus is above that), lightened through lanterns which are hanging at the ceiling (Nexus' bottom side), light woods around the lake with a meadow and a beach.

You could re-enter the Nexus through command or suicide or a secret pathway which is hidden by veins at the spawn.

EDIT:

Really like the LOE entrance.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 6, 2015, Original Post Date: May 6, 2015 ---
    You're unable to reach the tunnel with dead end inside of the "overcliff" in your Nexus redesign.

Edit:

You probably should Swap LOB and Skyblock portals as they are the least requested/visited gamemodes.

Also current Skyblock and LOC portals are asymmetrical. It's really confusing (for me).

You should adjust the angle of the signs leading to the different portals... mayaswell replace them with floating nameplates.

So many possible... Nexi? Maybe let the users chose a standard nexus of their own (in which they want to spawn in) or connect them to each other.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  6. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    Not sure what you mean, about the first thing, but thanks. I wasn't sure if I wanted full symmetry there or not, Guess I should change it. Noted about the signs.

Interesting idea. Possibly have them all connected through *somewhat* secret portals, and a command for setting a personal Nexus spawn? Idk.

This should be discussed on the Nexus reform thread though.

To un-derail, Chat reform.