So how is LOA doing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by legacy_czarnuch, Aug 6, 2013.

1. legacy_czarnuch

legacy_czarnuch New Member

Looks like listening to SnoFox over and over has really paid off in getting the server some players.
    [​IMG]

2. legacy_CreativeDawnLOA

legacy_CreativeDawnLOA New Member

I don't like where LOA is currently at all either, I feel like the "promised summer players" and possibility of good raids and PvP were just instead replaced by some of the more veteran players with armour covering spawn and new players building terrible structures within spawn limits.
    Some of the target audience which were the new players building bad structures and whatever left the server or stayed and caused a lot of stupidity, e.g. landonpandon or whatever the hell his name is.
    I just wish that players who actually knew what to do would join instead of what HAS joined over summer so far, not saying there hasn't been any good recruits, but you know.

3. honeycap
    Malnourished

honeycap Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    5bf70a8c-f02e-47be-8b3a-09e3c036ecf4
    It's because the server now appeals to inexperienced minecraft players

I really do think LoA needs a fundamental change and a reset to bring it back

4. legacy_CreativeDawnLOA

Yeah, I think a restart for LoA would actually be fair and make it more fun for us, I am on board if you guys do decide to restart it.

5. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Dragonflames1994 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    efaf91a6-ce0d-4fa8-8aec-4aa34088ba90
    Aw hell naw! I joined loa because I was promised I could keep builds forever until they're raided or griefed, and I've spent quite a bit of money on keys at the donor store. Do I want all that time and money lost? A reset for LOA is never, ever going to happen.

6. legacy_CreativeDawnLOA

I've spent way more money then you and made most likely better structures and I believe that we need to restart or it'd be nice to so that's saying something xD.

7. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Minecraft UUID:
    most likely better structures

is that a challenge bro

8. legacy_CreativeDawnLOA

Nope, it's just the fact that I have no idea what structures you have. And different people have different styles.

9. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Minecraft UUID:
    We could post pictures of our creations and let people vote on it. C:

I posted pics of my base a while back, it's evolved quite a bit since then but you've got the basic idea.

10. legacy_CreativeDawnLOA

I also posted a picture of my base / vault which you can look at, I even have a video of it xD.

11. Twosies__
    Feminine

Twosies__ VIP VIP

Minecraft UUID:
    3f2285c2-e6ce-4009-a5fd-47d41f6b806e
    Maybe if we had a big base contest, I'd actually get off my butt and make my base look somewhat presentable.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  12. toamini
    Unlucky

toamini Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    0a157d17-9f10-4304-9813-b59917b98438
    You mean get on your butt to play some minecraft, I tried to do it standing up, It was harder then sitting on my butt. :3

13. legacy_czarnuch

legacy_czarnuch New Member

The lack of denial about the server being dead (and no admin responses) really says something.

14. legacy_CreativeDawnLOA

Agreed with Czarnucchh over here. I can't seem to find myself enjoying LoA anymore for some reason. I think it's mostly because of the fact that there is no such thing as Prot IV pvp or raids without direct teleportation into them as EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE (With worthwhile stuff) has moved out really far, not saying that I haven't but yeah, It's not fun in that sense. Which is the main reason I joined LoA in the first place when I was originally teamed up with Beastridge and Junky65 xD.

15. honeycap
    Malnourished

honeycap Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    5bf70a8c-f02e-47be-8b3a-09e3c036ecf4
    The point of a server is to have lots of consistent players, if something doesn't change dramatically the server will remain to have a low player base.

We don't just want lots of players though, You need to have players that are going to keep building bases after getting raided, players who will strive to become rich and actively participate in the servers anarchy aspects.
    This is the server I envision and I realize that not everyone plays for the anarchy but this is what the server originally was. Don't get me wrong I love vanilla minecraft, but building, mining and farming random items does get old after awhile.

Trust me I have spent more hours than most on LoA and understand that starting fresh is a pain in the ass.
    But a restart also means
    -old players come back
    -they can implement borders
    -gives new players a chance to start on even ground so they don't feel overwhelmed by someone else having better armor, weapons, tools etc.

We can add other stuff but I really do think restarting LoA with a new bordered world, plugins and advertise anarchy vanilla is what the server needs.

LoA Revival > Your buildings

16. legacy_Torquamada

legacy_Torquamada New Member

I could live with a server restart. I highly doubt the people with buildings of diamond blocks would agree. I think the main challenge for new players is that most are very poor players. On the random chance you get a decent player that leaves spawn to actually build something will become bored very fast, and the idea of running millions of blocks to try and find the huge bases is daunting. Or stay near-ish the spawn and hunt the crappy players and raid their bases can get boring very fast too. LOD is fast paced but I find that the one week to play gets old just as fast.
    The restart would be interesting. Everyone that loves to play on LOA would be on even footing at least. Maybe LOD could be a yearly reset. Or a new server with a yearly reset could be added... Legion of yearly doom "LOYD"

17. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

mattvision09 Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    be7905be-557a-45ec-ac88-2328905e258f
    The only real solution is to advertise again, and last time I heard anyone mention it, the server costs more than it earns already. If you want a fresh start, just ask the admins to clear your player data, its more sensible than to reset the server and erase everyone's progress just to cater to the rich people who got bored and quit.

18. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Minecraft UUID:
    Yeah seriously people, what would an LOA restart accomplish? If you want a fresh start, go ahead. You know what would happen if it restarted? Rich people would either rage quit or walk out a million blocks from spawn again and the entire thing would start over again.

19. Twosies__
    Feminine

Twosies__ VIP VIP

Minecraft UUID:
    3f2285c2-e6ce-4009-a5fd-47d41f6b806e
    Grimzz, CreativeDawn, you guys seem to have made the smart decision with your bases. You've got them well hidden, many blocks away from spawn, and only let those people who you absolutely trust into them. And, your'e not the only ones. Anyone with any substantial wealth on LOA has done exactly as you did. Because it's the smart decision. You will not find a fun base to raid 2000 blocks from spawn. The only people dumb enough to do that are the people too dumb to make cool bases. They won't be rich, and they won't get far because they're obviously morons.

I think an interesting question to ask is, did you like LOA because it let you live a pvp-heavy, drama-filled, raids-every-week lifestyle? Or because it made you live like that?

LOA's changed organically since you guys joined. As I mentioned, people have learned to make smarter, more cautious decisions. Player count, as Grimzzz said, isn't really what the "problem" is. It's a symptom. LOA's change has made it less exciting for its target audience. However, I don't think trying to revert that natural evolution and forcing LOA to fit back into its "old days" mold is a good idea.

A big draw for me with LOA is that I can do whatever I want. I don't have to fight. I don't have to spend more time than I want to mining so I have the resources to defend myself. I don't have to pick a side in some stupid (my opinion) drama or else get trampled by it. I can make whatever in-game life choices vanilla MC lets me have. It's an in-game world with realistic consequences, and no artificial protection. I'm responsible from my own in-game well-being.

I think you guys want a server with rules. And not the pussy everyone-get-along rules. You want a server that indirectly forces you to pvp and join a team or make your own. You get a thrill from having to watch your back, always keeping on your toes, proving yourself stronger than the fools you crush. You don't want people to be able to make the conservative, sensible decisions, and the only way to keep them from doing that is to remove that option.*

I also think LOD was *supposed* to do that. As you can see, it's flopped. However, I think if we fixed LOD, we could have exactly what you want from LOA, without sacrificing what I like about LOA. LOA doesn't reset, it's got almost no plugins, it's vanilla as shit. Instead of throwing away these drawing points, how about we make a new server? It can take LOD's place, since nobody gives a shit about LOD.** It can have world boundaries, and whatever other things you people can think of that would make it legitimately exciting. It can reset when it needs to. Maybe every 6 months, maybe every year, whatever you find works best. And, it can give you the fresh start you're looking for.

* Obviously, I could be wrong about specifics about your character and playstyle. The point is, you like a more fast-paced pvp playstyle, while I like a more casual, conservative playstyle. Let's assume there are lots of people like you, and lots of people like me.

** I'm mainly getting this opinion from reading these forums. If LOD really has a strong fanbase and changing it would make people sad, then keep it, and implement my suggestions as some new server. LOG, if you will. Point is, I think LOA should stay like it is, because there are people who enjoy it like it is, but people like Grimzzz, Dawn, Czar, etc. should also be able to enjoy what they're after.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  20. JacobiCarter
    Fine

JacobiCarter Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

So, czarnuchh, Grimzzz, and others; what do you *want* in a server? At *best* a reset of LOA would just post-pone these issues 6 months. What is it you really want in a server? What I've mainly heard from this thread is that you want a server reset; and I don't think that will help that much. If you have concrete suggestions (do this, don't do that, etc), let's hear them. If we were going to make a brand new, ideal server, what would it look like in your eyes?