So how is LOA doing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by legacy_czarnuch, Aug 6, 2013.

1. legacy_anttiiover

legacy_anttiiover New Member

If you where going to make a new server I would want it to be just like LOA, but have like a 20k world border, and a full server reset every six months to a year. And maybe some kind of a shop where you could buy in game items for diamonds or something like that. But the thing is I wouldn't want another server. It would be way cooler if LOA could be changed into that.

2. JacobiCarter
    Fine

JacobiCarter Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Why do you think it is better to replace LOA (destroy the old LOA, and create a new LOA in its place) with a new server with a 30k world border instead of simply creating a new server with a new world with a border of 30k?

For someone who doesn't want to play on the old LOA map, what difference does it make to you whether the old one is still available to play on? In either case, I don't think you would be able to keep your stuff.

3. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

mattvision09 Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    be7905be-557a-45ec-ac88-2328905e258f
    Ok, where do I start...

First, Czar was not my only example of a rich person. Second, just because someone donated, it does not make an LOA reset a good idea. Third, someone millions of blocks out is not impossible to find. They're difficult, but it pays off, being that someone smart enough to go that far out is probably rich. Fourth, on the list of people who want an LOA restart, I can only think of 10 people. I may be wrong, but what I heard so far, it would make more people leave than it would bring people back. Looking at LOD and LOB, the admins have tried so hard to fit your needs for PVP and close quarters raiding, but somehow you don't get that LOA is never going to reset. The players were promised that all builds would be permanent until they get raided, and if they break that promise, that would be a great way to piss of everyone other than the 10 people who want a restart, and give Legion servers all together a horrible reputation. Would you want to go to a server after you hear they reset it because 10 of the rich (usually) donors wanted it? It would make it look like a pay to win server, with admins that go to great lengths to kiss their donors asses.

No matter how hard it is to raid people with stacks of diamond blocks LOA will never ever be reset. Ever.

EDIT
    the quote didn't work :/

4. legacy_anttiiover

Making a new server would just split up players more, that's the reason i wouldn't want a new server plus LOA. If there was just one server then all the player would be on it. If there was a new server plus LOA, i feel like it would just turn into LOD after a while, and there wouldn't be enough players to make it fun.

5. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    If I'm right, LOD was made to solve the problems with LOA, but people stopped playing it because it was frustrating. I'm sure that if there were more players, people would be playing LOD more. The same rule should apply for a new server. The thing is, that LOA will never restart. You should just wrap your mind around alternatives to it, because LOA is never going to leave. Just think of LOA as the server that's meant for people to no-life on to get bases.

6. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    LOA isn't boring because my group is still developing, and I still have a long time to go before I'm as rich as all the 15 people who want to quit, and I'm sure there are many other people who are also in DKM's position. Essentially, people who got bored and say they are quitting have already left. I only see them when they want to go into main chat and complain about LOA getting boring, or to check up on the people who stayed.

You know, I have had people checking around the 1 million area for signs of life, and trails of people walking somewhere. We haven't found anything yet, but are definitely on to something. But I guess it's just as easy to hang around spawn, and find rich people there.

7. JacobiCarter
    Fine

JacobiCarter Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

I certainly would play on it. I even liked playing on LOD when people were still playing on it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  8. legacy_henrykeski

legacy_henrykeski New Member

Okay fine you win, I don't agree with you but your frustrating and i don't have the right to do anything.

9. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    Henry, all I was doing was trying to show you why I think resetting LOA wouldn't be un-reasonable. Not trying to make you use the guilt card.

10. legacy_anttiiover

If you were to make a new server with a 30k border and a server reset every 6 months. You should implement some kind of an economy system, where you can buy mob spawners, and a bunch of other in game items for in game money. I think that would be fun.

11. legacy_czarnuch

legacy_czarnuch New Member

You have already split up your diminishing player base up into 3 or 4 servers. Adding another optional server wouldn't solve the problem. As one of the people with 5 stacks of diamond blocks, I honestly would love a reset because we will never use those diamond blocks if no one plays. Borders would solve the problem of dominating alliances and un-raidable bases.

12. legacy_Steviker

legacy_Steviker New Member

How will restarting make more people wanna play if anything people will leave.

13. CTCodemonkey
    Drama Queen

CTCodemonkey Subscriber Subscriber Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    066eb27c-3a49-4331-b1df-815f23219ade
    Oh god please no economy shit

14. Elgenzay
    Afraid

Elgenzay Administrator Staff Member Administrator Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    109271ec-0e18-4879-a165-7b6f2852b8d8
    What if LOD was replaced with a server where diamonds don't generate and the nether is inaccessible? Then there would be no motivation to spend hundreds of hours at a grinder and the endgame will be easily reachable, causing players to pvp and raid for the hell of it, rather than spending their time sitting at a grinder for hours on end so they can enchant gear that they will never use. Also potions are lame

15. mattvision09
    Yeehaw

Minecraft UUID:
    LOB is the only server meant for pure PVP. LOD is more about getting richer than your opponents before the end of the week, but people usually have to raid their enemy at one point or another to do that, and people who don't, usually end up getting raided. When the population begins to go down, that risk gets smaller and smaller to the point that the 2k border and player locators don't matter anymore.

16. Twosies__
    Feminine

Twosies__ VIP VIP

Minecraft UUID:
    3f2285c2-e6ce-4009-a5fd-47d41f6b806e
    There's so much going on in this thread that it's a little hard to keep track of.

A really important thing Anti brought up is that creating a new server will split up our players, making both worlds more sparsely populated. As much as I'd like to see two worlds, I have to agree with him. Spreading out our players seems like a bad idea.

A few people still insist all LOA needs is a reset. That seems a little naive. What would you do if LOA reset? I know I would walk far away and build my base safely distant from spawn. So... not sure how that fixes anything.

And some people want LOA reset with a world boundary. At this point, I want to know whether you support anarchy, or chaos. It seems like actual anarchy hasn't satisfied you. People, when given the choice to do whatever they want, have opted to go the road that best serves them. vis, they play conservatively, and no real excitement happens.

I think you want chaos. You don't want conservative gameplay to be an option. You don't want people to do what they want; you want them to build bases and raid you, and you can raid them, and fight them, and they can fight you. I want to know what you think: Should LOA stick to the idea that it lets everyone do whatever the hell they want, regardless of what that means? Or, should LOA actively discourage anything but PvP-heavy gameplay? And at that point, is it really appropriate to call LOA "anarchy" when we remove free choice from the equation?

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  17. honeycap
    Malnourished

honeycap Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    5bf70a8c-f02e-47be-8b3a-09e3c036ecf4
    I want a server where it takes time, skill and ingenuity to create a base that will never be found even if it is within a small border. This type of server does focus on raiding and pvp, but you can still build up a base if the border decent sized and never be found. A border doesn't take the focus off vanilla survival, in fact it ads a new aspect to surviving from other players. Plus you have to manage huge above ground farms and guard or disguise them. Having a bordered server is what a lot of other anarchy vanilla servers do and they are much more popular than loa for absolutely 1 reason.
    They're constantly evolving.

Everyone doesn't agree with the changes but I think its up the admins to decide on what they think is best for the server as a whole.

The only reason I wanted a restart is so we could implement a border but I see that the consensus is to just make a new server. This isn't the best option in my opinion because the tiny player base will be split yet again but I think the new server will attract more players if made correctly.
    I realize that resetting loa is doing what we said would never happen, but it has been over a year.
    A server that never resets has its pros and cons but I think in the case of loa the pros heavily outweigh the cons.

18. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Dragonflames1994 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    efaf91a6-ce0d-4fa8-8aec-4aa34088ba90
    Just saying here, I think I speak for a lot of people on LOA when I say I would absolutely hate a reset of the server. I've spent hard earned money on collecting and buying keys on the donor store to collect rare items, and spent countless hours working on building my loa base. If the server reset it would probably be safe to assume I'd quit and only play on LOB. I joined the server at a promise of no resets, and an endless world. LOA has a very rich world, with many rich players and countless old bases created and abandoned over years of activity. Wiping all of this away would destroy the timeless magic that makes LOA fun for me.

I can understand that some people want more raiding and PVP on the server, so what I can suggest is changing LOD to something like what I had suggested on the LOD forum. Increase the border, reset every 6 months or so, and offer better prizes for winning. Because let's face it, I'm really not going to be motivated to work on LOD for a week knowing that I might just get a diamond block or a piece of prot IV for winning when I could get most of those things in an hour or two. I know a lot of people would be motivated to play LOD if there were some really good and interesting prizes to be given out.

19. legacy_czarnuch

legacy_czarnuch New Member

According to this thread you are speaking for yourself and maybe 2 other people. Everyone else seems to be fine with the idea.

20. Dragonflames1994
    Magnetic

Dragonflames1994 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    efaf91a6-ce0d-4fa8-8aec-4aa34088ba90
    Who is this "everyone else" you speak of? Are you talking about the few other people here that want the reset to happen? Cause that ain't everyone else. There are a lot of important members that aren't taking part in this thread that I know would be very upset if LOA reset.