Why Legion Servers' Current Banner is Bad:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kginht, Aug 18, 2015.

Does Legion Servers' banner attract the wrong types of players?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Kginht
    Probing

Kginht Donor Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    edce32bb-570f-4c71-9dfe-5dece26b06f3
    [​IMG]
    It attracts this kind of player:
    [​IMG]

2. JacobiCarter
    Fine

JacobiCarter Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

What would you suggest changing about the banner?

Also, a lot of people find Legion from this post: www.minecraftforum.net: Minecraft Tower Defense - IP: mc-td.net - PC Servers - Servers - Minecraft Forum - Minecraft Forum

But, honestly, competing for players in the survival category is much, much harder on server lists: Either you have really deep pockets and can pay to have your ad at the top, or you get people to tell their friends and have a huge community. However, it seems like either people no longer want to tell their friends about it, or their friends are no longer interested in survival.

Of the few people that do come on LOA, most of them do not end up staying. Why? Some claim it is the lack of teleports, which we are trying to fix, but honestly, we do need suggestions about how to keep people playing on LOA.

It really seems like a chicken and the egg problem: People want to play survival with tons of other people, or at least that is the perception.

Most of the users that stick around, according to the survey we send out to new users that play for a while are users who have another friend that plays on LOA, and were invited by that friend.

Maybe we need to change the invite system or something.

But seriously, do you have any actual suggestions other than "your banner attracts the wrong kinds of people"?

3. Kginht
    Probing

Kginht Donor Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    This was kind of a shitpost that I made after being frustrated at how a few TD players acted when TD went down. Yeah, I can imagine that promoting LOA's (mostly) vanilla survival the most would be very difficult as opposed to LOB's more unique gamemodes. Very few servers have anything like TD.

I suppose the main issue is that people who come for TD aren't given any meaningful encouragement to play on the other servers. There's no incentive for someone who came for minigames to play vanilla survival. Perhaps there could be some sort of rewards system that allowed the servers to tie in more rather than being separate entities?

i.e., "Get X achievement on LOA to get higher starting gold in Tower Defense."
    Most TD players would probably go to LOA long enough to earn this and most likely establish a base that they might return to check on regularly. When people get on LOA more often, it seems less dead to new players, thus making new players more likely to stay.

Sorry if my initial post came off as rude; this server is honestly the only real reason I still play Minecraft, and I, like many others, am frustrated at seeing it so dead.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  4. jh10525
    Spaced

jh10525 Donor VIP Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    3fc0880d-3448-4c07-bf5c-edd61656fffc
    Fortunately, you arent the only one who wishes for maybe a point system centered on anarchy. But remember, we don't want to erase the TD "community." Rather, it would be better to redirect them.

I don't really see anything wrong with the banner, except for the term "Anarchy," which can be really vague and be interpreted in different ways. Maybe put "Anarchy Survival"?

5. toamini
    Unlucky

toamini Donor VIP Donor LOF Whitelisted

Minecraft UUID:
    0a157d17-9f10-4304-9813-b59917b98438
    I don't think that the audience that comes for TD understands what "Anarchy" is.

6. Kginht
    Probing

Kginht Donor Donor

Minecraft UUID:
    That's basically what I was saying with the original post. The majority of Minecraft's audience these days consists of filthy casuls who think that our glorious vanilla survival is "out of style" and look for minigame servers where they don't have to use their higher thinking to overcome challenges. *shakes fist*

Unfortunately, as Cobi said, they're also the easiest to advertise to without spending a huge amount of cash, so the majority of new players will rarely branch out of LOB, and that probably isn't going to change if the servers continue to be treated as separate entities.